Monday, June 1, 2009

Weekends are supposed to be fun

It's summer - time to get my workouts in outdoors; time to throw things around the yard; time to head out to the mountains; time to play with tires and sleds. Sunday, it was the tires, and as much as it hurt, this was decidedly fun, and a good workout, too.

Warmup
Hip mobility work
Good mornings, 45x10
10 ft2bar

Heavy stuff
Deadlift 135x5x2, 185x3, 225x2, 275x1, 305x1, 315x5

Needed to get used to lifting heavy again. It's been 7 weeks since I picked up over 300#, and I definitely needed that extra warmup set at 135# to get things working right. By the time I got to my work set, however, they felt solid. Looking forward to restarting linear progression on the DL.


Metcon
3 rounds:

    6 tire flip and jump through
    200m run
    20 wall ball, 25# to 10 feet
9:13




Tire-flipping fun from Patrick Haskell on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like the fact that you are going to have fun with the workouts instead of going for a goal, that's what makes working out a good time... having fun.