Saturday, April 25, 2009

I've lost my edge

It was only a matter of time before my 2-on, 2-off, 1-on, 2-off schedule caught up to me. Today, I lacked not only the strength and endurance but the mental strength to push through. I had a workout that aside from the usual suffering would have been good fun, but not today. Today I couldn't muster the intensity, and I spent far too much time looking at the weights. It was all I could do to hobble down the road without walking. Today, I was hating CrossFit, and CrossFit was hating on me. I'll have to give this one a go some other time. It's a good combination of movements. It deserves a shot on a day that I actually feel like moving.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warmup
Hip mobility drills
Burgener warmup
Bear complex 45x3, 95x2, 115x1

Metcon

3 rounds:
    400m run
    Dimishing reps (9-6-3) of:
    • 115# bear complex
    • Tire flip and jump through
20:17

That was ugly. It hurt plenty, but that may just be indicative of bad tire-flipping form. I'm guessing I never bore down and flattened my back, given my lack of focus. That only served to slow the runs down, too. Feh.

At least tomorrow is another day.

No comments: